Justice For Untimely Loss Of Life
Wrongful death cases are tragedies on many levels. There are so many layers to the loss: the years or decades of life that were ripped away. The suffering your loved one may have endured before they passed. The gaping hole in your lives now that they’re gone.
While nothing can fill that void, a wrongful death claim can help bring closure and produce something positive out of such a negative circumstance. At The Law Offices Of Owen Pickus, D.O., ESQ Attorneys At Law, we can help you secure that relief. Our lead attorney is both a doctor and a lawyer. Drawing on 30-plus years of experience in the medical field, Dr. Pickus applies both medical and legal knowledge to pursue a strong financial recovery.
Types Of Wrongful Death Claims
Whenever someone else’s negligence results in a tragic loss of life, there may be grounds for a wrongful death claim. We represent surviving family members of those who lost their lives due to:
- Motor vehicle accidents such as car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents
- Product liability involving dangerous or defective products
- Premises liability accidents such as fatal falls, dangerous conditions, dog bites or swimming pool accidents
- Medical negligence such as surgical errors, birth injuries, missed or delayed diagnoses and medication mistakes
If you’re not sure whether you have grounds for a wrongful death case, talk to our legal team. We offer free consultations.
Damages In Wrongful Death Claims
Although wrongful death claims are a subset of personal injury, they allow for additional types of damages. You can pursue compensation for:
- Your loved one’s medical expenses and pain and suffering before they died
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s financial support for their anticipated life expectancy
- Loss of their emotional support and companionship
Our legal team can give you an idea of what your wrongful death case may be worth.
We Are Here For You During This Difficult Time
We know how difficult it is to lose a loved one, especially in the horrifying circumstances of wrongful death. You can look to our team for legal support and guidance during this difficult time.
To get started with a free consultation, please call our office in Kennebunk, Maine, at 207-467-9146. You can also send us an email.